About Alpine Adventures
50 years of skiing hassle-free.
Alpine Adventures was founded in 1965 as Alpine Junior Skiers. Over 50+ years, we’ve taught thousands of kids and adults how to become safe, responsible skiers and snowboarders. Members from past years send their their kids to ski with us – some families are on their third generation!
Feel safe on the slopes Our supervisors.
Our supervisors come from all walks of life: teachers, nurses, college students, and others. All have had thorough background checks and a year of training before they are accepted into our program. Supervisors work in teams of twos and threes on the hill. A minimum of four supervisors travel on each bus.
- Elected Member, Sutterville School Site Council member and chair.
- Sacramento District Advisory Council representative for 6 years.
- Registered volunteer with Sacramento City Unified School District. Passed both California and FBI background checks.
- Elected four times to the Board of Directors for the Cordova Recreation and Park District (Sacramento County) 1986 – 2000.
- Appointed by the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors as a member and Chairperson to CORPAC.
- Founding member and past President of the Sacramento Valley Ski Industries Association.
- Founding director of the non-profit Making Cents Work.
Guiding trips for five decades Dave Ross.
Dave has worked with Alpine Adventures since 1969, and became Director in 1977. Dave is a community leader with a deep interest in schools and parks & recreation districts. He has been a professional ski instructor and is a past member of the National Ski Patrol.
“I love what I do,” Dave says. “I get a lot of joy from skiing with different people around the world. I get to share in the adventure of new experiences and show them the possibilities that come with skiing in new places."
Some of his favorite slopes are the ones with surprises that await new visitors, whether they're icy waterfalls or unadvertised cafes tucked away in the middle of a run.